Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Ink (The Baths of Pavillion 3)


Alrighty, I guess three more inks to go. Some of you may notice that this is Baths number 3 and may wonder "what happened to Baths number 2?" Well, I am dyslectic, but more honestly I think the Muse played a role here. I'm still, of course, working on Baths 2.

On another note, I would like to talk about something that has been troubling me lately. And that is certain historical misconceptions. This one falls one the issue of Ancient Egypt and race. Now, as someone who read quite a lot of book on the topic of archeology, I would never say that Egyptians were white or African (black). Too many people with little knowledge in matters of Ancient Archeology, have a tendency to confuse geography with race. Two days ago, I spent an hour arguing with an African American gentleman about the race of Cleopatra. It is a fact that she was a Greek. And the man was trying to convince me that she was black - because Egypt is in Africa. If one follows this type of rational, I guess everyone in American is Indian.


No comments: